Highland Middle School
- Highland Middle School's student population of 661 students has grown by 40% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 39 teachers has grown by 44% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||661 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||39 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Highland Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has decreased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IL)|
|Overall School Rank||#677 out of 3,544 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||16:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Highland CUSD 5 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Highland Highland High School Grades: 9-12 | 900 students
Highland, IL 62249
(618)654-7131 0.0 9-12 900
- Highland Highland Primary School Grades: PK-2 | 567 students
Highland, IL 62249
(618)654-2108 0.0 PK-2 567
- Saint Jacob St Jacob Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 197 students
Po Box 217
Saint Jacob, IL 62281
(618)644-2541 4.8 K-5 197
- Trenton Wesclin Middle School Grades: 4-8 | 495 students
1003 State Rte 160
Trenton, IL 62293
(618)224-7085 5.8 4-8 495
- Marine Marine Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 122 students
725 W Division St
Marine, IL 62061
(618)667-5404 6.2 K-5 122
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.