Highland Park Middle School
- Highland Park Middle School's student population of 821 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 42 teachers has declined by 8% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||821 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||42 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Highland Park Middle School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,791 schools in Minnesota (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 20:1 has increased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MN)|
|Overall School Rank||#1300 out of 1791 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||St. Paul Public School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Paul Highland Park Senior High School Grades: 9-12 | 1274 students
1015 Snelling Ave S
Saint Paul, MN 55116
(651)293-8940 0.1 9-12 1274
- Saint Paul Nova Classical Academy Lower School Grades: K-5 | 465 students
1455 Victoria Way
Saint Paul, MN 55102
(651)209-6320 0.2 K-5 465
As public schools in the United States continue to increase in their racial, ethnic, economic, and religious diversity, some districts need to rethink their holiday celebrations in a manner that is inclusive and respectful of all people.
As schools around the country close for two weeks or more, parents find themselves asking some tough questions. Read on to learn about the current and future impact of COVID-19 on students in public schools.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.