Highlawn Elementary School
Top Placements (West Virginia)
Highlawn Elementary School is Listed among the top public schools in West Virginia for:
- Category Attribute
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Highlawn Elementary School's student population of 306 students has declined by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 18 teachers has declined by 18% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||306 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Highlawn Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 646 schools in West Virginia (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2014-2015 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has increased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WV)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (14-15)||45-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
- The school district of Highlawn Elementary School is Cabell County s School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 57 school districts in West Virginia (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Cabell County s School District's student population of 13,022 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $11,211 in this district is less than the state average of $11,801. The district revenue/student has declined by 15% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $12,823 is higher than the state average of $12,722. The district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|School District Name||Cabell County s School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||13,022||3,627|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (14-15)|
|District Total Revenue||$146 MM||$43 MM|
|District Spending||$166 MM||$46 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$11,211||$11,801|
|District Spending / Student||$12,823||$12,722|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Huntington Alternative Education High School Grades: 6-12 | 26 students
2800 5th Ave
Huntington, WV 25702
(304)528-5060 0.6 6-12 26
- Huntington Huntington East High School Grades: 10-12
2850 5th Ave.
Huntington, WV 25702
(304)304-5134 0.6 10-12 n/a
- Huntington Spring Hill Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 553 students
1901 Hall Avenue
Huntington, WV 25701
(304)528-5175 1.3 PK-5 553
- Huntington Huntington East Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 668 students
1 Campbell Drive
Huntington, WV 25705
(304)528-9508 1.9 6-8 668
Learn about how public schools are implementing new programs that encourage dropouts to return to the classroom.
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.