Central City Elementary School
- Central City Elementary School's student population of 502 students has declined by 11% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 36 teachers has declined by 20% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||502 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Central City Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has increased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WV)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||30-34%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||CABELL COUNTY SCHOOLS School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chesapeake Chesapeake High School Grades: 9-12 | 362 students
10181 County Road 1
Chesapeake, OH 45619
(740)867-5906 0.9 9-12 362
- South Point Burlington Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 413 students
8781 County Road 1
South Point, OH 45680
(740)894-4230 1.0 PK-5 413
- Huntington Huntington Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 654 students
925 Third Street
Huntington, WV 25701
(304)528-5180 1.0 6-8 654
- Huntington Vinson Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 240 students
3851 Piedmont Road
Huntington, WV 25704
(304)429-1641 1.3 6-8 240
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.