Vinson Middle School
- Vinson Middle School's student population of 240 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 19 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||240 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Vinson Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 13:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WV)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||15:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Wayne County s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Huntington Kellogg Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 473 students
4415 Piedmont Road
Huntington, WV 25704
(304)429-4441 0.3 PK-5 473
- South Point Burlington Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 413 students
8781 County Road 1
South Point, OH 45680
(740)894-4230 1.0 PK-5 413
- Huntington Central City Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 502 students
2100 Washington Ave
Huntington, WV 25704
(304)528-5231 1.3 PK-5 502
- Chesapeake Chesapeake High School Grades: 9-12 | 362 students
10181 County Road 1
Chesapeake, OH 45619
(740)867-5906 2.1 9-12 362
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.