1 Wonders Lane
Kenova, WV 25530
Rating
8/
10
Top 30%
Ceredo-kenova Elementary School serves 639 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
Ceredo-kenova Elementary School placed in the top 30% of all schools in West Virginia for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 56% (which is higher than the West Virginia state average of 38%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 48% (which is higher than the West Virginia state average of 45%) for the 2017-18 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is higher than the West Virginia state level of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 3% of the student body (majority Black), which is lower than the West Virginia state average of 10% (majority Black).

Top Rankings

Ceredo-kenova Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in West Virginia for:

Category
Attribute

School Overview

Grades Offered
Grades Prekindergarten-5
(offers virtual instruction)
Total Students
639 students
Gender %
This chart display gender of Ceredo-kenova Elementary School
Total Classroom Teachers
36 teachers
Students by Grade
This chart display the students of Ceredo-kenova Elementary School by grade.

School Rankings

Ceredo-kenova Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 638 schools in West Virginia (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Ceredo-kenova Elementary School is 0.06, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.19. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 1985-1986 School Year Data
This School
State Level (WV)
Overall Testing Rank
#162 out of 638 schools
(Top 30%)
This chart display the overall school rank of Ceredo-kenova Elementary School, with the latest 2018-19 school year data.
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
56%
38%
This chart display the percentage of students that scored at or above 'proficient' levels in Math of Ceredo-kenova Elementary School and the percentage of public school students that scored at or above 'proficient' levels in Math of public schools in West Virginia by year, with the latest 2018-19 school year data.
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
(17-18)
48%
45%
Student : Teacher Ratio
18:1
14:1
American Indian
n/a
n/a
Asian
n/a
1%
Hispanic
1%
2%
Black
2%
4%
White
97%
90%
Hawaiian
n/a
n/a
Two or more races
n/a
3%
All Ethnic Groups
This chart display the percentage breakdown of students of all ethnic groups in Ceredo-kenova Elementary School.
This chart display the percentage breakdown of public school students of all ethnic groups in WV.
Diversity Score
0.06
National School Lunch Program
Yes
Source: 1985-1986 (latest school year available) NCES, WV Dept. of Education

School Reviews

Review Ceredo-kenova Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:

  • Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
  • Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Rate this school:

Recent Articles

Tutoring & Supplemental Education: The Pros and Cons
Tutoring & Supplemental Education: The Pros and Cons
We look at the pros and cons of personal tutors, learning centers and other types of supplemental education.
What Public School Students Should Expect After COVID-19
What Public School Students Should Expect After COVID-19
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
Miami-Dade Teachers to Receive Mental Health Training
Miami-Dade Teachers to Receive Mental Health Training
In response to the Sandy Hook tragedy, Miami-Dade Schools will now be offering mandatory mental health training to faculty and staff inside the district schools.

Quick Stats (2022)

  • Grades: Prekindergarten-5
  • Students: 639 students
  • Student:Teacher Ratio: 18:1
  • Minority Enrollment: 3%
  • Overall Testing Rank
    : Top 30% in WV
  • Math Proficiency
    : 56% (Top 20%)
  • Reading Proficiency
    : 48% (Top 50%)
  • Diversity Score
    : 0.06

Quick Links