Ceredo-kenova Middle School
- Ceredo-kenova Middle School's student population of 259 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 21 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||259 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Ceredo-kenova Middle School's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (WV)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||15:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Wayne County s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ceredo Ceredo Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 199 students
484 Main Street
Ceredo, WV 25507
(304)453-1511 0.3 PK-5 199
- Kenova Kenova Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 383 students
300 9th Street
Kenova, WV 25530
(304)453-1521 1.0 PK-5 383
- Catlettsburg Catlettsburg Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 280 students
3348 Court St
Catlettsburg, KY 41129
(606)739-5515 2.2 PK-5 280
- South Point South Point Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 385 students
201 Park Ave
South Point, OH 45680
(740)377-2756 2.4 PK-5 385
- South Point Tri State Early College Stem School
216 Collins Ave
South Point, OH 45680
(877)644-6338 2.5 n/a n/a
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
As of 2014, nineteen states still allow corporal punishment – spanking and paddling the most common choices – in their public schools. However, some argue that not only are these punishments physically harmful, they also are disproportionately administered to students of color. As a result, House democrats have taken up the issue in a new bill that would ban all forms of corporal punishment nationwide.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.