Holland Middle School serves 143 students in grades 6-8.
Holland Middle School placed in the top 20% of all schools in Texas for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 30%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 60-64% (which is higher than the Texas state average of 37%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 50-54% (which is higher than the Texas state average of 42%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 10:1 is lower than the Texas state level of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 29% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Texas state average of 74% (majority Hispanic).
Quick Stats (2023)
- Grades: 6-8
- Enrollment: 143 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 10:1
- Minority Enrollment: 29%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 20% in TX
- Math Proficiency: 60-64% (Top 10%)
- Reading Proficiency: 50-54% (Top 30%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), TX Dept. of Education
Holland Middle School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
Holland Middle School's student population of 143 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
The teacher population of 14 teachers has grown by 27% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Holland Middle School is ranked within the top 20% of all 8,079 schools in Texas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Holland Middle School is 0.44, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.64. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2020-2021 School Year Data
State Level (TX)
Overall Testing Rank
#1136 out of 8079 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Participates in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2020-2021 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), TX Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Holland Middle School's ranking?
Holland Middle School is ranked #1136 out of 8,079 schools, which ranks it among the top 20% of public schools in Texas.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
60-64% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 37% TX state average), while 50-54% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 42% TX state average).
How many students attend Holland Middle School?
143 students attend Holland Middle School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
71% of Holland Middle School students are White, 23% of students are Hispanic, 5% of students are Two or more races, and 1% of students are Black.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Holland Middle School?
Holland Middle School has a student ration of 10:1, which is lower than the Texas state average of 14:1.
What grades does Holland Middle School offer ?
Holland Middle School offers enrollment in grades 6-8
What school district is Holland Middle School part of?
Holland Middle School is part of Holland Independent School District.
Review Holland Middle School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
A Story of Overcoming Common Reading Difficulties
Follow the story of Sarah, a fictional character who overcame common reading difficulties with the help of the three cueing system. This blog post explores the advantages and disadvantages of the three cueing system and provides strategies for implementing it effectively.
Voucher Program Update: Florida
Many states now offer voucher programs. We look at the voucher program available in Florida.
Standardized tests have a long history in American K-12 education. We examine what standardized tests evaluate and more.