Homecroft Elementary School
- Homecroft Elementary School's student population of 376 students has declined by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 18 teachers has grown by 12% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||376 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Homecroft Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 21:1 has decreased from 25:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MN)|
|Overall School Rank||#402 out of 1,784 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Duluth Public School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Duluth Woodland Hills Academy Grades: 6-12 | 97 students
110 W Redwing St
Duluth, MN 55803
(218)728-7492 1.3 6-12 97
- Duluth North Star Academy Grades: K-8 | 1122 students
3301 Technology Dr
Duluth, MN 55811
(218)728-9556 2.2 K-8 1122
- Sandstone Pete Seeger Renaissance Charter School Grades: M
214 Eagle Drive
Sandstone, MN 55072
(218)340-5800 2.4 M n/a
- Duluth Arrowhead Juvenile Center Grades: 4-12 | 32 students
1918 Arlington Ave N
Duluth, MN 55811
(218)625-6766 3.0 4-12 32
- Duluth Chester Creek Academy Grades: K-12 | 60 students
714 1/2 W College St
Duluth, MN 55802
(218)216-8325 3.0 K-12 60
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.