North Star Academy
North Star Academy places among the top 20% of public schools in Minnesota for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- North Star Academy's student population of 1,122 students has grown by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 94 teachers has grown by 13% over five school years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||1,122 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||94 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- North Star Academy's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MN)|
|Overall School Rank||#740 out of 1,784 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Duluth Public s Academy School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school, and elementary school to North Star Academy is Chester Creek Academy (0.8 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sandstone Pete Seeger Renaissance Charter School
214 Eagle Drive
Sandstone, MN 55072
(218)340-5800 0.7 n/a n/a
- Duluth Chester Creek Academy Grades: K-12 | 60 students
714 1/2 W College St
Duluth, MN 55802
(218)216-8325 0.8 K-12 60
- Duluth Enweyang Ojibe Language Nest Elementary School Grades: K | 15 students
31 West College St
Duluth, MN 55812
(218)336-8700 1.2 K 15
- Duluth Ordean East Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 933 students
2900 E 4th St
Duluth, MN 55812
(218)336-8940 1.3 6-8 933
- Duluth Lowell Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 376 students
2000 Rice Lake Rd
Duluth, MN 55811
(218)336-8895 1.4 K-5 376
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.