Lowell Elementary School
Lowell Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Minnesota for:
- Category Attribute
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 20%)
- Lowell Elementary School's student population of 345 students has declined by 18% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 22 teachers has grown by 15% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||345 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Lowell Elementary School is ranked within the top 30% of all 1784 schools in Minnesota (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has decreased from 22:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MN)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||70-74%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||65-69%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of Lowell Elementary School is Duluth Public School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 511 school districts in Minnesota (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Duluth Public School District's student population of 8,632 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $14,919 is higher than the state average of $11,015. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $21,114 is higher than the state average of $11,205. The district spending/student has grown by 49% over four school years.
|School District Name||Duluth Public School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||8,632||531|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$132 MM||$6 MM|
|District Spending||$187 MM||$6 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$14,919||$11,015|
|District Spending / Student||$21,114||$11,205|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Duluth Arrowhead Juvenile Center Grades: 4-12 | 32 students
1918 Arlington Ave N
Duluth, MN 55811
(218)625-6766 0.5 4-12 32
- Duluth Early Childhood Special Education Elementary School Grades: PK | 184 students
215 N 1st Ave E
Duluth, MN 55802
(218)336-8744 0.9 PK 184
- Duluth Chester Creek Academy Grades: K-12 | 58 students
714 1/2 W College St
Duluth, MN 55802
(218)216-8325 1.4 K-12 58
- Duluth North Star Academy Grades: K-8 | 1091 students
3301 Technology Dr
Duluth, MN 55811
(218)728-9556 1.4 K-8 1091
We analyze on a new study that shows restricting sugary snacks in vending machines in schools resulted in less weight-gain over a three-year period.
A number of school districts across the country are considering the closure of some of their public schools. We’ll look at reasons for the closures and what parents are doing to protest.
We report on the back to school campaign launched by CPS despite huge issues facing the district, including reports of school officials lying to get their children free lunches, conflicts between administrators and teachers’ union, and a lower bond rating.