Hoonah Jr/sr High School
- Hoonah Jr/sr High School's student population of 55 students has grown by 14% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 6 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||55 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Hoonah Jr/sr High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 466 schools in Alaska (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2014-15 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 9:1 has increased from 8:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AK)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤10%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||11-19%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Hoonah City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hoonah Hoonah Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 61 students
366 Garteeni Highway
Hoonah, AK 99829
(907)945-3607 0.0 PK-5 61
- Gustavus Gustavus School Grades: K-12 | 78 students
12 Gustavus Road
Gustavus, AK 99826
(907)697-2248 22.7 K-12 78
- Angoon Tenakee Springs School Grades: K-12 | 6 students
123 Tenakee Springs Street
Angoon, AK 99820
(907)736-2204 24.1 K-12 6
- Pelican Pelican School Grades: K-12 | 14 students
14 Chum Way
Pelican, AK 99832
(907)735-2236 30.4 K-12 14
- Juneau Auke Bay Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 364 students
11880 Glacier Hwy
Juneau, AK 99801
(907)796-5275 34.7 K-5 364
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The Common Core State Standards Initiative has changed the course of education in the United States, particularly with its emphasis on standardized testing. But how does standardized testing affect teaching quality? Keep reading to find out.
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.