Hopkinson Francis School
Hopkinson Francis School places among the top 20% of public schools in Pennsylvania for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 10%)
- Hopkinson Francis School's student population of 894 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 53 teachers has declined by 7% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||894 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||53 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Hopkinson Francis School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 2,814 schools in Pennsylvania (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2016-17 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 17:1 has increased from 16:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (PA)|
|Overall School Rank (16-17)||#2653 out of 2814 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Philadelphia City School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school and elementary school to Hopkinson Francis School is Community Academy Of Philadelphia Charter School (0.3 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Philadelphia Ad Prima Charter School Grades: K-8 | 589 students
3556 Frankford Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19151
(215)883-0638 0.7 K-8 589
- Philadelphia Sankofa Freedom Academy Charter School Grades: K-12 | 656 students
2501 Kensington Avenue, #2533
Philadelphia, PA 19124
(215)288-2001 0.8 K-12 656
- Philadelphia Sheridan School Grades: K-4 | 679 students
800 E Ontario St
Philadelphia, PA 19134
(215)291-4724 0.8 K-4 679
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Say goodbye to mystery meat - and all other types of meat - at public school cafeterias that are embracing the Meatless Monday trend.
Growing cases of contaminated tap water at public schools around the country are raising more than eyebrows. Learn about whether or not public schools' tap water is safe to drink.