Hornbeck High School
- Hornbeck High School's student population of 388 students has declined by 9% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 41 teachers has grown by 70% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||388 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||41 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Hornbeck High School's student:teacher ratio of 9:1 has decreased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank||#284 out of 1,277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||75-79%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||80-84%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||15:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Vernon Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Anacoco Anacoco Elementary School Grades: PK-6 | 521 students
4726 Port Arthur Avenue
Anacoco, LA 71403
(337)239-3040 5.6 PK-6 521
- Florien Florien High School Grades: PK-12 | 547 students
500 High School Drive
Florien, LA 71429
(318)586-3681 8.7 PK-12 547
- Leesville Vernon Middle School Grades: 5-6 | 382 students
1410 Nona Street
Leesville, LA 71446
(337)238-1505 14.0 5-6 382
- Leesville East Leesville Elementary School Grades: PK-1 | 463 students
203 Belview Road
Leesville, LA 71446
(337)239-4966 14.3 PK-1 463
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.
Millions of people struggle with mental health issues on a daily basis, but no one wants to think that these issues might affect children. As a parent, it is your responsibility to know what your child needs and to provide it. This includes identifying problem behaviors and seeking treatment when your child needs help.