Hospital Homebound places among the top 20% of public schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 1%)
- Hospital Homebound's student population of 99 students has declined by 56% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 42 teachers has declined by 27% over five school years.
|School Type||Special education school|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||99 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||42 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Hospital Homebound is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3,633 schools in Florida (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 2:1 has decreased from 4:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Overall School Rank||#3509 out of 3633 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||20-29%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||11-19%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||2:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Orange School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school and elementary school to Hospital Homebound is Esteem Academy (0.0 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Winter Garden Esteem Academy Grades: 6-12 | 26 students
12301 Warrior Rd
Winter Garden, FL 34787
(407)521-2358 0.0 6-12 26
- Orlando Pershing Pine Castle Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 482 students
905 Waltham Ave
Orlando, FL 32809
(407)858-3170 0.8 PK-5 482
- Orlando Ucp Orange Charter Grades: PK-5 | 166 students
4680 Lake Underhill Rd
Orlando, FL 32807
(407)852-3300 0.9 PK-5 166
- Orlando Ucp Transitional Learning Academy High Charter Grades: 6-12 | 84 students
3305 S Orange Ave
Orlando, FL 32806
(407)852-3300 0.9 6-12 84
- Orlando Village Grades: 4-12 | 18 students
1718 E Michigan St
Orlando, FL 32806
(407)836-7627 1.3 4-12 18
What happens when a school district stops busing students? Could segregation once again be a reality for public school districts? Wake County in North Carolina is testing the segregation waters with its decision to stop busing students in their district.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the financial impact of COVID-19 on public schools and what to expect in the future. We’ll talk about the effects of budget cuts and other challenges affecting the public school system for the remainder of this school year and into the next.
As the nation works to recover from COVID-19, parents wonder what the fall of 2020 holds in terms of the upcoming school year. Read on to learn some tips for preparing for potential challenges and to see the answers to some of the biggest questions being asked by parents of school-age children.