Houghton Elementary School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-5
- Enrollment: 249 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 15:1
- Minority Enrollment: 23%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 50% in MI
- Math Proficiency: 40-44% (Top 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 50-54% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MI Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
40-44% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 40% MI state average), while 50-54% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 49% MI state average).
How many students attend Houghton Elementary School?
249 students attend Houghton Elementary School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
77% of Houghton Elementary School students are White, 9% of students are Hispanic, 5% of students are Asian, 5% of students are Black, and 4% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Houghton Elementary School?
Houghton Elementary School has a student ration of 15:1, which is lower than the Michigan state average of 17:1.
What grades does Houghton Elementary School offer ?
Houghton Elementary School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-5
Review Houghton Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities