Howell Park Elementary School
Howell Park Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Louisiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 10%)
- Howell Park Elementary School's student population of 259 students has declined by 37% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 31 teachers has grown by 40% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||259 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Howell Park Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 8:1 has decreased from 19:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (LA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1179 out of 1,277 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1||15:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||East Baton Rouge Parish School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Baton Rouge Brookstown Middle Magnet Academy Grades: 6-8 | 290 students
4375 Brookstown Dr.
Baton Rouge, LA 70805
(225)355-6556 0.8 6-8 290
- Baton Rouge Winbourne Elementary School Grades: 1-5 | 372 students
4503 Winbourne Ave
Baton Rouge, LA 70805
(225)355-4446 0.9 1-5 372
- Baton Rouge Baton Rouge Charter Academy At Mid-city Grades: K-8 | 676 students
1900 Lobdell Blvd
Baton Rouge, LA 70806
(225)663-1057 1.2 K-8 676
- Baton Rouge Belfair Montessori School Grades: PK-8 | 323 students
4451 Fairfields Ave
Baton Rouge, LA 70802
(225)356-6191 1.3 PK-8 323
As the school year kicks into full swing, we examine the many fees and other hidden costs lurking in a “free” public education today.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.