Hudson Memorial School
Hudson Memorial School places among the top 20% of public schools in New Hampshire for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Hudson Memorial School's student population of 797 students has declined by 13% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 66 teachers has grown by 6% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||797 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||66 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Hudson Memorial School's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (NH)|
|Overall School Rank||#263 out of 457 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||12:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Hudson School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hudson Dr. H. O. Smith Elementary School Grades: PK-1 | 453 students
33 School St.
Hudson, NH 03051
(603)886-1248 0.7 PK-1 453
- Nashua Dr. Norman W. Crisp School Grades: PK-5 | 415 students
50 Arlington St.
Nashua, NH 03060
(603)594-4390 1.3 PK-5 415
- Nashua Elm Street Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1005 students
117 Elm St.
Nashua, NH 03060
(603)594-4322 2.1 6-8 1005
- Hudson Hills Garrison Elementary School Grades: 2-5 | 439 students
190 Derry Rd.
Hudson, NH 03051
(603)881-3930 2.1 2-5 439
My daughter attends HMS and our experience has been very positive. Her teachers are enthusiastic and responsive.
- Posted by Parent - MominHudson
My child has been going to Hudson schools since day 1. I am very disappointed in this school, and the education my child is getting. It is pretty bad when you have to think about selling your home so that your child gets a better education. There is no comparing Hudson Memorial to Nottingham West. The transfer over from elementary to middle school has been at best, a terrible experience for both my child and our family. The communication is without a doubt my biggest complaint. They absolutely do not follow through with what they discuss with parents. I have had multiple meetings with my child's "TEAM" in regards to their education. Not only does this "TEAM" not follow through with what is discussed, it takes weeks, and multiple attempts for them to respond to emails, or calls. It appears they do exactly what is required of them. No more!
- Posted by Parent - Mychldmywrld
I am very displeased with the school the teachers can be very bias and some are very lazy, and also the discipline is awful.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Jackson
This school is sooo amazing in how my work and effort they put in to the kids and they care so much about the activities they have available to the kids and also how they are doing intellectually. The staff members are so polite and respectful. This is my first year at the school and when I was heading into this school we read reviews on this school and most of them were negative and I was scared about coming but my parents decided to give the school a chance. Im glad they did because this school is the best middle i have been to. God Bless This School.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - xrawr
Inconsistent discipline and lack of parent/teacher communication. Bullying is tolerated. Most teachers/administration lack compassion.
- Posted by Parent - my2bo