Hunt Elementary School
Hunt Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Iowa for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 5%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 5%)
- Hunt Elementary School's student population of 326 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 23 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||326 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Hunt Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1205 out of 1,252 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||50-54%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Sioux City Comm School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bevington Bryant Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 321 students
1114 W. 27th
Bevington, IA 50033
(712)279-6819 0.8 K-5 321
- Sioux City Irving Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 754 students
901 Floyd Blvd
Sioux City, IA 51105
(712)279-6834 0.9 K-5 754
- Sioux City Irving Preschool Grades: PK | 30 students
710 Iowa St
Sioux City, IA 51105
(712)293-0436 1.0 PK 30
- Sioux City Liberty Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 777 students
1623 Rebecca Street
Sioux City, IA 51103
(712)279-6845 1.2 K-5 777
- Sioux City Perry Creek Elementary School Grades: 1-5 | 629 students
3601 Country Club Blvd
Sioux City, IA 51104
(712)279-6836 1.6 1-5 629
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.