Irving Elementary School
Irving Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Iowa for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 10%)
- Irving Elementary School's student population of 749 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 51 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||749 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||51 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Irving Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,232 schools in Iowa (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1159 out of 1232 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Sioux City Community School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sioux City Irving Preschool Grades: PK | 29 students
710 Iowa St
Sioux City, IA 51105
(712) 293-0436 0.1 PK 29
- Sioux City Hunt Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 308 students
615 20th St
Sioux City, IA 51104
(712) 279-6833 0.9 K-5 308
- Sioux City Unity Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 541 students
1901 Unity Avenue
Sioux City, IA 51105
(712) 279-6839 1.5 PK-5 541
- Bevington Bryant Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 319 students
1114 W. 27th
Bevington, IA 50033
(712) 279-6819 1.6 K-5 319
- South Sioux City Harney Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 321 students
1001 Arbor Drive
South Sioux City, NE 68776
(402) 494-1446 1.7 PK-5 321
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.