Unity Elementary School
Unity Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Iowa for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Most diverse schools (Top 10%)
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 5%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Unity Elementary School's student population of 558 students has grown by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 46 teachers has grown by 17% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||558 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||46 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Unity Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IA)|
|Overall School Rank||#912 out of 1,252 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||14:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Sioux City Comm School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sioux City Irving Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 754 students
901 Floyd Blvd
Sioux City, IA 51105
(712)279-6834 1.5 K-5 754
- Sioux City Irving Preschool Grades: PK | 30 students
710 Iowa St
Sioux City, IA 51105
(712)293-0436 1.6 PK 30
- Bevington Bryant Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 321 students
1114 W. 27th
Bevington, IA 50033
(712)279-6819 1.8 K-5 321
- Sioux City Hunt Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 326 students
615 20th St
Sioux City, IA 51104
(712)279-6833 1.8 K-5 326
- Sioux City Leeds Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 728 students
3919 Jefferson St
Sioux City, IA 51108
(712)239-7034 1.9 PK-5 728
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.