Hunters Creek Middle School serves 1,165 students in grades 6-8.
Hunters Creek Middle School placed in the top 30% of all schools in Florida for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 20%, and reading proficiency is top 50%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 65% (which is higher than the Florida state average of 48%) for the 2020-21 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 54% (which is higher than the Florida state average of 52%) for the 2020-21 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 19:1 is higher than the Florida state level of 16:1.
Minority enrollment is 81% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is higher than the Florida state average of 64% (majority Hispanic).
- School Type: Magnet School
- Grades: 6-8
- Enrollment: 1,165 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 19:1
- Minority Enrollment: 81%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 30% in FL
- Math Proficiency: 65% (Top 20%)
- Reading Proficiency: 54% (Top 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), FL Dept. of Education
Hunters Creek Middle School's student population of 1,165 students has declined by 10% over five school years.
The teacher population of 60 teachers has declined by 9% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Hunters Creek Middle School is ranked within the top 30% of all 3,655 schools in Florida (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2020-21 school year.
The diversity score of Hunters Creek Middle School is 0.50, which is less than the diversity score at state average of 0.70. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2021-2022 School Year Data
State Level (FL)
Overall Testing Rank
#1033 out of 3655 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Participates in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2021-2022 (latest school year available) National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), FL Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Hunters Creek Middle School's ranking?
Hunters Creek Middle School is ranked #1033 out of 3,655 schools, which ranks it among the top 30% of public schools in Florida.
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
65% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 48% FL state average), while 54% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 52% FL state average).
How many students attend Hunters Creek Middle School?
1,165 students attend Hunters Creek Middle School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
68% of Hunters Creek Middle School students are Hispanic, 19% of students are White, 6% of students are Asian, 5% of students are Black, and 2% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Hunters Creek Middle School?
Hunters Creek Middle School has a student ration of 19:1, which is higher than the Florida state average of 16:1.
What grades does Hunters Creek Middle School offer ?
Hunters Creek Middle School offers enrollment in grades 6-8
What school district is Hunters Creek Middle School part of?
Hunters Creek Middle School is part of Orange School District.
View the Hunters Creek Middle School yearly calendar below. Note key dates such as:
November 20, 2023 (Monday)
Presidents' Day/Teacher Non-Work Day (Schools Closed/District Offices Open)
February 19, 2024 (Monday)
Spring Break (Schools Closed/District Offices Open)
March 18, 2024 (Monday)
End of Fourth Marking Period / Last Day of School
May 24, 2024 (Friday)
Review Hunters Creek Middle School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
The Link between Music and a Child’s Math Abilities
Learn about the influence of music on a child’s cognitive mathematical abilities.
August 04, 2023Preparing for a Successful 'Back to School'
A one-stop guide for parents navigating the 'back to school' season, providing practical and effective strategies tailored to every grade level - from pre-K to high school.
July 25, 2023The Evolving Role of Interim Assessments
Explore the often-overlooked tool in K-12 education - interim assessments. Understand what they are, their importance, and how they can enhance your child's learning experience. Dive into real-world case studies and find out how technology is changing the game. This informative, parent-friendly article aims to shed light on the value of these assessments in today's educational landscape.