WENDELL School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 3 public schools managed by WENDELL School District serving 1,149 students in Wendell, Idaho.
- Minority enrollment is 64% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the Idaho state average of 24%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is less than the state average of 19:1.
WENDELL School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Wendell Wendell Elementary School232 N Boise Street
Wendell, ID 83355
Grades: PK-4 | 473 students
- Wendell Wendell High School850 East Main Street
Wendell, ID 83355
Grades: 9-12 | 309 students
- Wendell Wendell Middle School920 East Main Street
Wendell, ID 83355
Grades: 5-8 | 367 students
|School District Name||WENDELL School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||1,149 students|
|# of Teachers||67 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
|# of Male Students||602 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||547 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||10 students|
|% American Indian Students|
|# of Asian Students||3 students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||710 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||n/a|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||419 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||6 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||25|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||82|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||91|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||105|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||98|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||72|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||101|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||96|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||81|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||89|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||75|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||84|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||79|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||71|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- WENDELL School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 143 school districts in Idaho (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 75-79% has decreased from 85-89% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (ID)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $6,775 in this school district is less than the state average of $9,031. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $6,677 is less than the state average of $9,000. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (ID)|
|Total Revenue||$8 MM||$5 MM|
|Spending||$8 MM||$5 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$6,775||$9,031|
|Spending / Student||$6,677||$9,000|
Learn how you can help improve your child's food options in public school cafeterias.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.