Quincy 172 School District
- For the 2021 school year, there is 1 public preschool in Quincy 172 School District, serving 530 students. public preschool in Quincy 172 School District have a diversity score of 0.40, which is less than the Illinois public preschool average of 0.70.
- Minority enrollment is 24% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the Illinois public preschool average of 58% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 38:1 is more than the Illinois public preschool average of 16:1.
|School District Name||Quincy 172 School District|
|School District Phone Number||(217) 223-8700|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (IL)|
|# of Schools||1 School||1,237 Schools|
|# of Students||530 Students||510,468 Students|
|# of Teachers||14 Teachers||31,241 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||38:1||16:1|
- The school district's graduation rate of 91% has increased from 88% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (IL)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#549 out of 944 school districts|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||1 Student||1,453 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||1 Student||20,465 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||10 Students||155,784 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||58 Students||103,711 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||404 Students||213,053 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||641 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||56 Students||15,361 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||500||77,176|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||30||70,081|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||-||66,282|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||-||62,778|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||-||56,349|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||-||54,063|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||-||48,000|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||-||30,066|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||-||22,784|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||-||22,712|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||-||30|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||-||27|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||-||17|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||-||88|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||15|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $12,094 in this school district is less than the state median of $18,231. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $14,848 is less than the state median of $17,733. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017||This School District||This State (IL)|
|Total Revenue||$78 MM||$14 MM|
|Spending||$96 MM||$14 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$12,094||$18,231|
|Revenue / Student||$14,848||$17,733|
Quincy 172 School District Public Preschools (2021)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Early Childhood401 S 8th St
Quincy, IL 62301
Grades: PK-K | 530 students
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.