Eastern Howard School Corporation School District
- For the 2020-21 school year, there are 3 public schools in Eastern Howard School Corporation School District, serving 1,515 students. Eastern Howard School Corporation School District has one of the highest concentrations of top ranked public schools in Indiana.
- Public schools in Eastern Howard School Corporation School District have an average math proficiency score of 58% (versus the Indiana public school average of 54%), and reading proficiency score of 72% (versus the 62% statewide average). This district's average testing ranking is in the 8/10, top 30% of public schools in Indiana.
- Minority enrollment is 8% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Indiana public school average of 32% (majority Black and Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 16:1 is less than the Indiana public school average of 17:1.
|School District Name||Eastern Howard School Corporation School District|
|School District Website||http://www.eastern.k12.in.us/|
|School District Phone Number||(765) 628-3391|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (IN)|
|# of Schools||3 Schools||1,922 Schools|
|# of Students||1,515 Students||1,052,874 Students|
|# of Teachers||92 Teachers||60,857 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||17:1|
- Eastern Howard School Corporation School District, which is ranked within the8/, top 30% of all 373 school districts in Indiana (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018 school year.10
- The school district's graduation rate of 95% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (IN)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||3 Students||2,103 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||14 Students||25,462 Students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||43 Students||125,582 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||12 Students||132,751 Students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||1,392 Students||714,936 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||1 Student||802 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||50 Students||51,238 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||13||18,972|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||99||77,895|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||106||76,250|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||99||76,421|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||107||78,682|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||109||80,063|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||120||79,953|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||100||79,149|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||115||78,435|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||120||79,979|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||143||80,524|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||150||80,785|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||115||83,703|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||113||80,464|
|# of Ungraded Students:||6||1,599|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,809 in this school district is less than the state average of 13727. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $8,641 is less than the state average of $11,663. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (IN)|
|Total Revenue||$15 MM||$7 MM|
|Spending||$12 MM||$5 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,809||13727|
|Spending / Student||$8,641||11663|
Eastern Howard School Corporation School District Public Schools (2020-21)
- School (Math and Reading Proficiency) Location Grades Students
- Eastern High School 421 S Harrison St
Greentown, IN 46936
Grades: 9-12 | 527 students
- Eastern Elementary School 308 S Harrison St
Greentown, IN 46936
Grades: PK-7 | 655 students
- Eastern Middle School 421 South Harrison Street
Greentown, IN 46936
Grades: 6-8 | 333 students
Learn about how public schools are impacted by an economic recession, job losses, and funding cuts.
Through the Gates Foundation, Bill Gates has not only donated billions of dollars to public schools, but will now sponsor in-depth research on improving teaching that may change the face of public school education forever.
The start of the school year translates into greater risks for the spread of H1N1. Learn about how public schools across the country are combating the risks, as well as what you can do to keep your children safe.