Iron Horse Middle School
- Grades: 6-8
- Enrollment: 1,040 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 24:1
- Minority Enrollment: 71%
- Overall Testing Rank: Top 5% in CA
- Math Proficiency: 74% (Top 10%)
- Reading Proficiency: 83% (Top 5%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), CA Dept. of Education
Iron Horse Middle School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Iron Horse Middle School's ranking?
Iron Horse Middle School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in California for: Highest overall rank (Top 5%), Highest math proficiency (Top 10%) and Highest reading/language arts proficiency (Top 5%).
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
74% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 40% CA state average), while 83% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 51% CA state average).
How many students attend Iron Horse Middle School?
1,040 students attend Iron Horse Middle School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
47% of Iron Horse Middle School students are Asian, 29% of students are White, 12% of students are Hispanic, 10% of students are Two or more races, and 2% of students are Black.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Iron Horse Middle School?
Iron Horse Middle School has a student ration of 24:1, which is higher than the California state average of 22:1.
What grades does Iron Horse Middle School offer ?
Iron Horse Middle School offers enrollment in grades 6-8
Review Iron Horse Middle School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities