Islands Elementary School
- Islands Elementary School's student population of 507 students has declined by 15% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 33 teachers has declined by 17% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||507 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Islands Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AZ)|
|Overall School Rank||#346 out of 1,842 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||19:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Gilbert Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Gilbert Mesquite High School Grades: 8-12 | 1779 students
500 S Mcqueen Rd
Gilbert, AZ 85233
(480)497-3300 0.2 8-12 1779
- Chandler Legacy Traditional School - North Chandler Grades: K-8 | 444 students
1900 North Mcqueen Road
Chandler, AZ 85225
(480)757-5400 0.7 K-8 444
- Chandler Kaizen Education Foundation Dba El Dorado High School Grades: 9-12 | 159 students
2200 N. Arizona Ave.
Chandler, AZ 85224
(480)726-9536 1.0 9-12 159
- Chandler Az Compass Prep School Grades: 7-12 | 155 students
2020 N. Arizona Ave
Chandler, AZ 85225
(480)287-5588 1.1 7-12 155
Did your child's school make the list? We cover the latest Blue Ribbon Schools awards given by Education Secretary Arne Duncan.
Your child’s education is not just his teacher’s responsibility. As a parent, you have the ability to supplement your child’s education at home and to help him succeed in school. Read on to learn some tips to help your child make the most of his education in 2020.
Childhood experiences shape who we become as adults, for good and bad. The new Surgeon General of California is pushing for childhood trauma screening in students in the hopes of resolving some of the issues that might later lead to the development of physical and mental health problems.