Itasca Elementary School
- Itasca Elementary School's student population of 350 students has grown by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 23 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||350 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Itasca Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 7,999 schools in Texas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TX)|
|Overall School Rank||#3720 out of 7999 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||40-44%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||45-49%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Itasca Independent School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Itasca Itasca Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 142 students
208 N Files
Itasca, TX 76055
(254) 687-2922 0.1 6-8 142
- Covington Covington School Grades: PK-12 | 298 students
501 N Main St
Covington, TX 76636
(254) 854-2215 6.6 PK-12 298
- Grandview Grandview High School Grades: 9-12 | 369 students
1009 Carroll St
Grandview, TX 76050
(817) 866-4520 6.9 9-12 369
- Grandview Grandview Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 537 students
301 Zebra Pkwy
Grandview, TX 76050
(817) 866-4600 7.1 PK-5 537
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.