Jackson Middle School
- Grades: 6-8
- Enrollment: 353 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 19:1
- Minority Enrollment: 68%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in AL
- Math Proficiency: 5% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 34% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), AL Dept. of Education
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
5% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 24% AL state average), while 34% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 46% AL state average).
How many students attend Jackson Middle School?
353 students attend Jackson Middle School.
What is the racial composition of the student body?
63% of Jackson Middle School students are Black, 32% of students are White, 2% of students are Hispanic, 1% of students are American Indian, 1% of students are Asian, and 1% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Jackson Middle School?
Jackson Middle School has a student ration of 19:1, which is higher than the Alabama state average of 17:1.
What grades does Jackson Middle School offer ?
Jackson Middle School offers enrollment in grades 6-8
What school district is Jackson Middle School part of?
Jackson Middle School is part of Clarke County School District.
View the Jackson Middle School yearly calendar below. Note key dates such as:
Review Jackson Middle School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities