Jahn Elementary School
- Jahn Elementary School's student population of 334 students has declined by 28% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 21 teachers has declined by 38% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||334 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Jahn Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has increased from 14:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IL)|
|Overall School Rank||#2541 out of 3,544 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||15-19%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||25-29%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||City of Chicago SD 299 School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chicago Burley Elementary School Grades: PK-8 | 530 students
1630 W Barry Ave
Chicago, IL 60657
(773)534-5475 0.3 PK-8 530
- Chicago Alcott Humanities High School Grades: 9-12 | 330 students
2957 N Hoyne Ave
Chicago, IL 60618
(773)534-5970 0.4 9-12 330
- Chicago Devry Advantage Academy High School Grades: 11-12 | 196 students
3300 N Campbell Ave
Chicago, IL 60618
(773)697-2216 0.8 11-12 196
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.