James Jordan Middle School
- The student population of 386 students has grown by 45% over five years.
- The teacher population of 16 teachers has grown by 33% over five years.
|School Type||Charter School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||386 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- The student:teacher ratio of 24:1 has increased from 22:1 over five years.
|This School||(CA) School Average|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1||24:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- Los Angeles Unified School District's student population of 633,557 students has stayed relatively flat over five years.
- The revenue/student of $12,871 is higher than the state average of $10,991. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four years.
- The district's spending/student of $14,853 is higher than the state average of $11,482. The district spending/student has grown by 13% over four years.
|School District Name||Los Angeles Unified School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||633,557||1,564|
|District Total Revenue||$8,437 MM||$17 MM|
|District Spending||$9,736 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$12,871||$10,991|
|District Spending / Student||$14,853||$11,482|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Drill Team, Football, Soccer, Volley Ball|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
- JJMS Mission StatementJames Jordan Middle School prepares students to meet the highest standards of personal character and develop the skills and self-efficacy necessary for successful completion of the A-G requirements in high school, with a plan for enrollment at a four-year college, entry into a productive career, and an active membership in their community. VISION:The campus of JJMS will radiate a sense of energetic order and respectful engagement. Teachers will be dynamic coaches who create a wide variety of engaging learning experiences in classrooms that have clear and coherent expectations for behavior. Students will be able to express their goals, potential challenges or past mistakes, and the actions that are needed to achieve their goals. Classrooms willvibrate with on-task, academically oriented "student talk" and not rely on lecture format of instruction. Staff will express optimistic goals for students and themselves. Support systems will be assigned according to need and instruction will be clearly differentiated. The use of data and research will be readily available to support and explain every decision made for the school. Evidence of the benefits of pro-social behavior and rewards for academic, ethical and interpersonal achievement will be readily apparent. AN EDUCATED PERSON IN THE 21ST CENTURY Graduates of James Jordan MS will culminate with the following skills and ideals: A deep respect for colleagues, peers and co-workers of all abilities and backgrounds that translates into effective team-work Literacy and competency in core academic skills sufficient for success in college preparatory high school courses with experience and understanding about how those skills transfer into workplace success. Familiarity with basic functions of personal computers including word processing, touch-typing, internet-based research and spreadsheets for data display and calculations. A plan for fulfilling all the requirements needed for college admission Cultural literacy, including an ability to interact comfortably and appropriately in a broad variety of settings, particularly university or workplace settings. Proficiency in self-reflection, self-assessment and in giving and receiving feedback. A belief that a university education and engagement in life-long learning are powerful tools for accomplishing personal and social goals and enable students to seek meaningful careers Knowledge of meta-cognition, self-regulation and motivational strategies to promote life-long learning. An understanding of the value in choosing to take the more difficult path rather than settling for something that is easy or comfortable. We believe that all students have the right to the tools that will enable them to become the leaders of society. We desire our students to see all social and human problems as the joint responsibility of all stakeholders in our culture. We will, by example and instruction, equip our students to take an active role in improving the world. We will encourage students to seek and prepare themselves for meaningful work in a career that has personal significance for their own fulfillment and the betterment of the world.
Profile last updated: 2017-03-16 02:12:21
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school is Joaquin Miller Career And Transition Center (1.3 miles away)
- The nearest middle school is Ivy Bound Academy Math Sci And Technical Charter Mid 2 (0 miles away)
- The nearest elementary school is Winnetka Avenue Elementary School (0.6 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Northridge Ivy Bound Academy Math Sci And Technical Charter Mid 2 Grades: 5-8 | 187 students
20040 Parthenia St.
Northridge, CA 91324
(818)646-4992 0 5-8 187
- Winnetka Winnetka Avenue Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 501 students
8240 Winnetka Ave.
Winnetka, CA 91306
(818)341-5422 0.6 K-5 501
- Winnetka Limerick Avenue Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 840 students
8530 Limerick Ave.
Winnetka, CA 91306
(818)341-1730 0.8 K-5 840
- Winnetka Sunny Brae Avenue Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 564 students
20620 Arminta St.
Winnetka, CA 91306
(818)341-0931 1.2 K-5 564
- Reseda Joaquin Miller Career And Transition Center Grades: 6-12 | 229 students
8218 Vanalden Ave.
Reseda, CA 91335
(818)885-1646 1.3 6-12 229
My son just culminated from JJMS this year and I couldn't be happier. He attended this school for three years 6th -8th. His home school was Columbus and I was NOT about to send my son there. I liked the smaller setting and the uniforms. I also liked the 70% and above to pass all the classes. " D's don't get you degrees ". I have no complaints enjoyed our three years here and feel that my son is ready for High School.
- Posted by Parent - Patty Diaz
It's a great school because teacher take their time to show the student the concept step by step,so that student could get it.
- Posted by Parent - Griselda
This school is very good in teaching the students on various subjects. This school has very nice staff that do good jobs in protecting the students during break and lunch. This school is also very protective which means that you will always be safe in the school.
- Posted by Parent - Jose Rojas
James Jordan is a great school compare to other school around our area where we are residing, James Jordan middle school is a good school for your child to attend to. Teachers in this school are focus on keeping the kids away from bad situations. They are also really good on alerting the parents whenever there`s an issue with your child whether it is good or bad.
- Posted by Parent - Lorily
I really like this school because my son has been doing his homework and has bin reading a lot than before so that`s why I like this school.
- Posted by Parent - Maria Venegas
The teachers always want kids to do their best and pass their classes.
- Posted by Parent - Lourdes Gallardo
Looking for the right middle school for our kid was becoming frustrating until we attended their orientation. This school is very focused on the kids excelling and keeping them motivated. We are very happy with our choice and so is our kid. Contacting the teachers has been great because they respond fairly quickly and are more than happy to help.
- Posted by Parent - Karla
I like this school. It is has good discipline that helps with the students' behavior. Also the teachers are very knowledgeable. The principal and staff are nice and kind. I feel welcomed and my soon feels secure. I recommend this school.
- Posted by Parent - Isidra
Great school, variety if choices for students to get involved in the school environment. Staff is helpful
- Posted by Parent - Francelia
En mi opinion la escuela cumple con mis espectativas me gusta mucho que les brindan mucha ayuda para alcanzar sus metas academicas para mi recomendaria esta escula para que mas padres traegan a sus hijosIn my opinion, the school completes my expectations and I like very much that they give the students help for them to reach their academic goals. I would recommend for more parents to bring their children to this school.
- Posted by Parent - nallely
Como padre, tengo un estudiante que asiste a esta escuela. Estoy muy feliz de cmo la escuela crea un ambiente que ayuda a los estudiantes. Tengo una hija que asistir tambin en el prximo ao. Definitivamente recomiendo a otros padres que traigan a sus hijos a esta escuela.As a parent I have a student that attends this school. I am really happy in how the school creates a environment that helps the students. I have a daughter who will be attending as well in the coming year. I definitely recommend other parents to bring their children to this school.
- Posted by Parent - Andriana
My son was able to get in this school is been a very good experience I like the staff always very helpful, the teachers are always letting you know about your kids progress, a lot of information always on how to help your kids, and very safe a lot of security...
- Posted by Parent - Beatriz
This school has an excellent teaching style, personnel and so much more. I definitely recommend other parents to bring their children here. Esta escuela tiene un excelente estilo de enseanza, personal y mucho ms. Definitivamente recomiendo a otros padres que traigan a sus hijos aqu.
- Posted by Parent - Gloria
en mi opinion me gusta esta escuela por que el personal es amable y me tratan con respeto y me gusta como trabajan con con mi hija para que sobre salga y se mantenga en onores tanbien cuando yo nesecito alluda para mi hija me la dan, tambien me gustan los talleres que dan para los padres, es una escuela muy buena y gracias al personal .In my opinion I like this school because the staff is friendly and they treat me with respect. I like very much how they work with my daughter for her to be able to be an overachiever and maintain honors. Also when I need help with my daughter, they help me. I like the parent workshops they hold. It is a very good school. Thank you to the staff.
- Posted by Parent - margarita gutierrez
Me gusta mucho esta escuela por que es una escuela pequena y creo que los mantienen mas vijilados de acuerdo ala seguridad y comportamiento. En clase me gusta por que los maestros si estan bajos les dan tutoria para mejorar las calificaciones. Despues de escuela les ayudan con tareas pero megustaria que tambien se las revisaran para comprovar que estan correctas. Me gustan los directivos el empeno que les ponen para mejorar la escuela y sus alumnos. Gracias por recibir a mis dos hijos.I like this school very much because it is a small school and they keep the students well watched for their security and behavior. In the classroom, I like that the teachers tutor the students if they have low grades in order for them to improve their grades. After school I like that they help them with homework, but I would also like for them to check if their work is correct. I like the administrator's commitment to improve the school and its students. Thank you for receiving my two children.
- Posted by Parent - Evelinda Oropeza
This school is very efficiant and has grow alot. The principal knows how to get her students on the right track. They are very strict but they know how to get their students on the right paths. They help the students alot. All staff and teachers motivate their students to have a great future. I an really happy to send my children to that school because I know the teachers are very respectful and care for their students.
- Posted by Parent - Marina
This school is a joke. Needs to be shut down. Dirty, messy, classrooms are makeshift, bland, do not demonstrate a quality educational atmosphere. Teachers are sub-par, under-qualified. Cult-like atmosphere.. these so-called educators think they best thing going when in fact they are undisciplined, disheveled, lacking in class, rude, mean and make a mockery of education. It is sad that so many teachers are forced to move out of state or retire and idiots like these get our tax dollars!. DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILDREN HERE. They deserve an good education that this charter joke cannot provide.
- Posted by Parent - beesg
July 12, 2018
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
July 12, 2018
Meal delivery services are all the rage these days, but could they be the solution to the school lunch problem? Keep reading to find out!
May 18, 2018
Find out where the members of the 115th House of Representatives went to school and how many chose private school over public school for their own children.