Jefferson Elementary School
Jefferson Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in Indiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 5%)
- Jefferson Elementary School's student population of 344 students has declined by 25% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 21 teachers has declined by 19% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||344 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Jefferson Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has decreased from 18:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (IN)|
|Overall School Rank||#1763 out of 1,767 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||17:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Gary Community Corp School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Gary 21st Century Charter School Of Gary Grades: K-12 | 888 students
556 Washington St
Gary, IN 46402
(219)886-9339 0.3 K-12 888
- Gary Gary Middle College Grades: 9-12 | 237 students
131 East 5th Ave
Gary, IN 46402
(219)888-7120 0.3 9-12 237
- Gary Beveridge Elementary School Grades: K-6 | 400 students
1234 Cleveland St
Gary, IN 46404
(219)977-2123 1.1 K-6 400
- Gary Frankie W Mccullough Academy For Girl Grades: K-8 | 439 students
1110 W 21st Ave
Gary, IN 46407
(219)977-2129 1.4 K-8 439
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.