Jessie Rouse School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-6
- Enrollment: 200 students
- Student:Teacher Ratio: 14:1
- Minority Enrollment: 90%
- Overall Testing Rank: Bottom 50% in MI
- Math Proficiency: ≤5% (Btm 50%)
- Reading Proficiency: 10-14% (Btm 50%)
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), MI Dept. of Education
(offers virtual instruction)
Frequently Asked Questions
What percent of students have achieved state testing proficiency in math and reading?
≤5% of students have achieved math proficiency (compared to the 40% MI state average), while 10-14% of students have achieved reading proficiency (compared to the 49% MI state average).
How many students attend Jessie Rouse School?
200 students attend Jessie Rouse School.
What is the ethnic breakdown of the student body?
68% of Jessie Rouse School students are Black, 21% of students are Hispanic, 10% of students are White, and 1% of students are Two or more races.
What is the student:teacher ratio of Jessie Rouse School?
Jessie Rouse School has a student ration of 14:1, which is lower than the Michigan state average of 17:1.
What grades does Jessie Rouse School offer ?
Jessie Rouse School offers enrollment in grades Prekindergarten-6 (offers virtual instruction).
Review Jessie Rouse School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities