Jettie S. Tisdale School
Jettie S. Tisdale School places among the top 20% of public schools in Connecticut for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 20%)
- Jettie S. Tisdale School's student population of 682 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 48 teachers has grown by 6% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||682 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||48 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Jettie S. Tisdale School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CT)|
|Overall School Rank||#916 out of 968 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||13:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Bridgeport School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bridgeport Dunbar School Grades: PK-8 | 407 students
445 Union Ave.
Bridgeport, CT 06607
(203)576-7194 0.2 PK-8 407
- Bridgeport Barnum School Grades: PK-8 | 633 students
495 Waterview Avenue
Bridgeport, CT 06608
(203)275-2300 0.8 PK-8 633
- Bridgeport Greater Bridgeport Community Mental Health Center Grades: 12 | 2 students
1635 Central Ave.
Bridgeport, CT 06610
(860)262-7009 0.8 12 2
- Bridgeport Hall School Grades: K-6 | 242 students
290 Clermont Ave.
Bridgeport, CT 06610
(203)576-7560 0.9 K-6 242
- Stratford Stratford Academy - Honeyspot House Grades: K-2 | 211 students
55 Fotch Street
Stratford, CT 06615
(203)385-4188 0.9 K-2 211
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.