Joann A. Alexie Memorial School
Joann A. Alexie Memorial School places among the top 20% of public schools in Alaska for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Joann A. Alexie Memorial School's student population of 110 students has declined by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 9 teachers has grown by 12% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||110 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
- Joann A. Alexie Memorial School's student:teacher ratio of 12:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (AK)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤5%|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤5%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||17:1|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Lower Kuskokwim School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school, middle school, and elementary school to Joann A. Alexie Memorial School is Anna Tobeluk Memorial School (6.5 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Nunapitchuk Anna Tobeluk Memorial School Grades: PK-12 | 216 students
114 Village Road
Nunapitchuk, AK 99641
(907)527-5701 6.5 PK-12 216
- Kasigluk Akiuk Memorial School Grades: PK-12 | 99 students
104 Village Road
Kasigluk, AK 99609
(907)477-6829 8.2 PK-12 99
- Kasigluk Akula Elitnaurvik School Grades: PK-12 | 120 students
100 Akula Heights
Kasigluk, AK 99609
(907)477-6615 8.2 PK-12 120
- Napakiak William Miller Memorial School Grades: PK-12 | 89 students
110 Village Road
Napakiak, AK 99634
(907)589-2420 15.6 PK-12 89
With changing state and national educational standards, will your child's public school have the ability to meet these requirements? Learn about the problems with public school performance and how parents can get involved.
Learn about the advantages and disadvantages of public school vouchers as they pertain to the education of students with disabilities.
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.