John A. Ferguson Senior High School
John A. Ferguson Senior High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Graduation Rate Highest graduation rate (Top 20%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 1%)
- John A. Ferguson Senior High School's student population of 4213 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 172 teachers has declined by 8% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||4,213 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||172 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- John A. Ferguson Senior High School is ranked within the top 50% of all 3601 schools in Florida (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 24:1 has increased from 22:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (FL)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1||16:1|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
- The school district of John A. Ferguson Senior High School is Dade School District, which is ranked within the top 50% of all 74 school districts in Florida (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Dade School District's student population of 357,931 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The district's graduation rate of 80% has increased from 71% over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $9,718 in this district is less than the state average of $12,987. The district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $10,356 is less than the state average of $13,734. The district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|School District Name||Dade School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||357,931||10,175|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Graduation Rate|
|District Total Revenue||$3,443 MM||$132 MM|
|District Spending||$3,669 MM||$140 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$9,718||$12,987|
|District Spending / Student||$10,356||$13,734|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- The nearest high school to John A. Ferguson Senior High School is Pinecrest Preparatory Academy Charter High School (1.4 miles away)
- The nearest middle school is Lamar Louise Curry Middle School (0.6 miles away)
- The nearest elementary school is Dr. Manuel C. Barreiro Elementary School (0.4 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Miami Lamar Louise Curry Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 1109 students
15750 Sw 47th St
Miami, FL 33185
(305)222-2775 0.6 6-8 1109
- Miami Bowman Ashe/doolin K-8 Academy Grades: PK-8 | 1109 students
6601 Sw 152nd Ave
Miami, FL 33193
(305)386-6667 1.0 PK-8 1109
- Miami Jane S. Roberts K-8 Center Grades: PK-8 | 859 students
14850 Cottonwood Cir
Miami, FL 33185
(305)220-8254 1.2 PK-8 859
- Miami Pinecrest Academy Charter Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 502 students
14901 Sw 42nd St
Miami, FL 33185
(305)559-8583 1.4 6-8 502
Well Ms. Garraux is no longer principal she is now at another school. but let me tell you there is a wonderful principal that replaced her who is doing a great job and this school is amazing the magnet programs are wonderful my child is an IB student in her junior year has had awesome teachers and is in a dual academy program at school, she is not only IB but also in medical program.she was EKG certified and will be first responder certified by the time she graduates this is a wonderful school nothing to envy any other magnet school all the kids seem not only eager to learn but happy to be there. I am a helicopter mom and I visit that school because of all the activities my daughter does and never have I seen any fights or any bullying. I can leave my child there with peace of mind. the IB teacher Mrs Graham is the best and all her staff
- Posted by Parent - marid
This is an excellent school, good teachers, good kids, well behave. Excellent academic programs. Great facilities. the only thing is that parent involvement is very low. I have attended the PTA and for a school of more than 4000 students is incredible that only 10 or 20 participate. The Principal is an amazing extraordinary woman: Ms. Jane Garraux, hope she stay there until my son's graduation in 2013.
- Posted by Parent - sgonz