John Malcom Elementary School
Top Placements (California)
John Malcom Elementary School is Listed among the top public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 10%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- John Malcom Elementary School's student population of 686 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 22 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||686 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- John Malcom Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 9595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 31:1 has increased from 30:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||31:1||24:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
- The school district of John Malcom Elementary School is Capistrano Unified School District, which is ranked within the top 20% of all 983 school districts in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Capistrano Unified School District's student population of 53,772 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The revenue/student of $7,298 in this district is less than the state average of $11,049. The district revenue/student has declined by 11% over four school years.
- The district's spending/student of $7,425 is less than the state average of $11,340. The district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|School District Name||Capistrano Unified School District|
|Number of Schools|
|Number of Students Managed||53,772||1,585|
|District Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|District Total Revenue||$393 MM||$18 MM|
|District Spending||$399 MM||$18 MM|
|District Revenue / Student||$7,298||$11,049|
|District Spending / Student||$7,425||$11,340|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dana Point Dana Hills High School Grades: 9-12 | 2679 students
33333 Golden Lantern
Dana Point, CA 92629
(949)496-6666 1.2 9-12 2679
- San Juan Capistrano Del Obispo Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 377 students
25591 Camino Del Avion
San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675
(949)234-5905 1.6 K-5 377
- Laguna Niguel George White Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 616 students
25422 Chapparosa Park Dr.
Laguna Niguel, CA 92677
(949)249-3875 1.7 K-5 616
- Dana Point Richard Henry Dana Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 274 students
24242 La Cresta Dr.
Dana Point, CA 92629
(949)496-5784 1.8 K-5 274
Students with disabilities may require the assistance of a service dog, but how might the presence of a dog in the classroom affect other students? Could it be too distracting?
Childhood obesity rates continue to climb. While many public schools have implemented policies and programs to combat the problem, there is always more to be done. Keep reading to learn what schools are doing to prevent obesity and how you can help.
Food allergies are no laughing matter and it doesn't take long for them to become dangerous. Keep reading to learn how to keep your child safe at school if he has a food allergy.