John Malcom Elementary School
John Malcom Elementary School places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Overall Rank Highest overall rank (Top 20%)
- Math Proficiency Highest math proficiency (Top 10%)
- Reading Language/Arts Proficiency Highest reading language/arts proficiency (Top 20%)
- John Malcom Elementary School's student population of 686 students has declined by 7% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 22 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||686 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- John Malcom Elementary School is ranked within the top 20% of all 9,595 schools in California (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-16 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 31:1 has decreased from 32:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#1133 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||31:1||24:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Capistrano Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dana Point Dana Hills High School Grades: 9-12 | 2679 students
33333 Golden Lantern
Dana Point, CA 92629
(949)496-6666 1.2 9-12 2679
- San Juan Capistrano Del Obispo Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 377 students
25591 Camino Del Avion
San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675
(949)234-5905 1.6 K-5 377
- Laguna Niguel George White Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 616 students
25422 Chapparosa Park Dr.
Laguna Niguel, CA 92677
(949)249-3875 1.7 K-5 616
- Dana Point Richard Henry Dana Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 274 students
24242 La Cresta Dr.
Dana Point, CA 92629
(949)496-5784 1.8 K-5 274
While some schools are debating whether to teach sex ed, Philadelphia schools will be making free condoms available in 22 schools across the district.
The world is in a constant state of change and those who fail to adjust fall behind. Unfortunately, the American public education system has not kept up with the times and is currently facing a number of serious problems. Keep reading to learn about the biggest failures affecting the modern U.S. public education system as well as some of the trends that could spark change.
Summer break is a time to kick back and relax but it is also a great time to do activities that will boost your college applications. Keep reading to see how to boost your application this summer.