John P. Freeman Optional School
- John P. Freeman Optional School's student population of 540 students has declined by 8% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 40 teachers has declined by 6% over five school years.
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School (2008, 2016)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||540 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- John P. Freeman Optional School's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (TN)|
|Overall School Rank||--|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||16:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Shelby County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Memphis Fairley High School Grades: 9-12 | 547 students
4950 Fairley Rd
Memphis, TN 38109
(901)730-8160 0.9 9-12 547
- Memphis Holmes Road Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 814 students
1083 Holmes Rd
Memphis, TN 38116
(901)416-6469 0.9 PK-5 814
- Memphis Westhaven Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 782 students
4585 Hodge Rd
Memphis, TN 38109
(901)416-8202 1.4 PK-5 782
Across the country, public schools are being caught red-handed in manipulating their test scores, graduation rates, and campus safety data. Learn about why schools are cheating and how they are distorting the truth.
When asked to rank the quality of their child's school, most parents rated it a B average. And yet politicians would have you believe that the American public-school system is failing. How are America's public schools really doing, and how do we know?
The high school graduation rate is in a constant state of change and dropout rates affect more than the individual student. Read on to learn about factors influencing high school graduation rates and what schools can do to improve them.