Johnston Cooper Elementary School
- Johnston Cooper Elementary School's student population of 512 students has declined by 10% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 17 teachers has declined by 10% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||512 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Johnston Cooper Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#8962 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||30:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Vallejo City Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Vallejo John Finney High (Continuation School) Grades: 9-12 | 174 students
233 Hobbs Ave.
Vallejo, CA 94589
(707) 556-8670 0.7 9-12 174
- Vallejo Vallejo High School Grades: 9-12 | 1,700 student
840 Nebraska St.
Vallejo, CA 94590
(707) 556-1700 0.9 9-12 1,700
- Vallejo Cave Language Academy Grades: K-8 | 355 students
770 Tregaskis Ave.
Vallejo, CA 94591
(707) 556-8410 1.5 K-8 355
- Vallejo Elsa Widenmann Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 409 students
100 Whitney Dr.
Vallejo, CA 94589
(707) 556-8740 1.5 K-5 409
This school is very hard working school.I know so because I go there.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - rfran
In light of an upcoming study on Montessori education in South Carolina, as well as the growing popularity of the Montessori Method in public charter schools, we’ll take a look at the principles behind Montessori education and whether it is an effective method for preparing some students for the professional world or higher education.
Across the nation, city mayors have increased their role and control over the local public school system. Learn about the controversies and the ramifications of mayoral control.
In light of all the finger-pointing occurring in the education reform movement, we’ll look at the good and bad of teachers unions – and whether these organizations really work in favor of students and/or teachers.