Joppatowne Elementary School
- Joppatowne Elementary School's student population of 562 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 36 teachers has declined by 12% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||562 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Joppatowne Elementary School is ranked within the top 50% of all 1,359 schools in Maryland (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#599 out of 1359 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Harford County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Joppa Magnolia Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 731 students
299 Fort Hoyle Rd
Joppa, MD 21085
(410) 612-1525 1.9 6-8 731
- Joppa Riverside Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 472 students
211 Stillmeadow Dr
Joppa, MD 21085
(410) 612-1560 1.9 PK-5 472
- Edgewood Edgewood Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 394 students
2100 Cedar Dr
Edgewood, MD 21040
(410) 612-1540 3.3 PK-5 394
My children and I loved this school. We recently.moved and they now go to a title one school. I was really upset to have to take them from such great teachers and a great school.
- Posted by Parent - clark
my child likes to go to school. state of the art class rooms from when I went to school. The children respond to that kind of stuff. The school is very clean. Very well maintained from my eyes.
- Posted by Parent - howde
Amidst the controversy surrounding President Obama's school address, learn about whether or not parents have any rights in choosing who their children's public schools invite as speakers.
Learn about the history of public schools incorporating self-contained classrooms, and whether they are right for your child.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.