Edgewood Elementary School
- Edgewood Elementary School's student population of 394 students has declined by 11% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 31 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||394 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Edgewood Elementary School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 1,359 schools in Maryland (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#978 out of 1359 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)||20-24%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient) (16-17)||25-29%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Harford County School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Edgewood Deerfield Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 791 students
2307 Willoughby Beach Rd
Edgewood, MD 21040
(410) 612-1535 0.5 PK-5 791
- Joppa Magnolia Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 731 students
299 Fort Hoyle Rd
Joppa, MD 21085
(410) 612-1525 1.9 6-8 731
Gang activity continues to be prevalent throughout public schools, ranging from urban cities to suburban enclaves. Learn about how public schools are combating gang violence today with comprehensive initiatives.
With the end of the “No Child Left Behind” program looming, it appears that almost 80% of our country’s schools will get a failing grade, according to federal standards. Could waivers help repair the broken NCLB program?
Amidst the controversy surrounding President Obama's school address, learn about whether or not parents have any rights in choosing who their children's public schools invite as speakers.