Edgewood High School
Edgewood High School places among the top 20% of public schools in Maryland for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Edgewood High School's student population of 1,338 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 84 teachers has declined by 14% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,338 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||84 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Edgewood High School's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has increased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MD)|
|Overall School Rank||#124 out of 1,367 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||15:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch||n/a||n/a|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Harford County Public s School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Edgewood Deerfield Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 795 students
2307 Willoughby Beach Rd
Edgewood, MD 21040
(410)612-1535 0.3 PK-5 795
- Edgewood Edgewood Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 399 students
2100 Cedar Dr
Edgewood, MD 21040
(410)612-1540 0.8 PK-5 399
- Abingdon William Paca/old Post Road Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 844 students
2706 Old Philadelphia Rd
Abingdon, MD 21009
(410)612-1566 1.8 PK-5 844
- Joppa Magnolia Elementary School Grades: PK-5 | 538 students
901 Trimble Rd
Joppa, MD 21085
(410)612-1553 2.5 PK-5 538
I hated everything about Edgewood. Glad I'm done with it.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - 4jack
At first i heard all these rumors that Edgewood is such a bad school, now that i go to Edgewood (all three years in the middle school; and will be graduating from Edgewood High) I haven't been happier. I have many friends who go to Havre De Grace, Aberdeen, C Milton Wright, and Joppatowne. The stories that i hear about those schools from my friends makes me think And they call 'Edgewood', bad?. Anyways, I would be honored to say that Edgewood has an amazing record when it comes to the Arts. Edgewood's students are very talented when it comes to the Arts industry. Dancing, Singing, Acting, and Art in general is something that Edgewood takes pride in holding. Im a proud student of Edgewood High School.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - mymoo
Being a teacher has never been easy but changes in federal funding and legislation have made it harder than ever for public school teachers. Keep reading to learn more.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.