Junipero Serra Elementary School
- Junipero Serra Elementary School's student population of 592 students has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
- The teacher population of 24 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||592 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Junipero Serra Elementary School's student:teacher ratio of 25:1 has stayed the same over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#2296 out of 9,595 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||23:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Ventura Unified School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ventura Citrus Glen Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 614 students
9655 Darling Rd.
Ventura, CA 93004
(805)672-0220 0.6 K-5 614
- Oxnard Providence Grades: K-12 | 56 students
4333 Vineyard Ave.
Oxnard, CA 93036
(805)981-5800 1.4 K-12 56
- Ventura Juanamaria Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 440 students
100 S. Crocker Ave.
Ventura, CA 93004
(805)672-0291 1.5 K-5 440
- Ventura Portola Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 544 students
6700 Eagle St.
Ventura, CA 93003
(805)289-1734 1.7 K-5 544
Not just kids need schooling. Learn about the Parent Academy offered through Miami-Dade County Public Schools, where parents go back to school.
Across the country, parents are opting their children out of Common Core testing, with New York City seeing some of the biggest opt-out numbers. How is this massive school district handling the situation?
Every child learns differently and it’s a teacher’s job to meet students where they are and guide them through the learning process. Scaffolding is a teaching tool that helps students develop critical thinking skills and the ability to learn independently.