Providence places among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Percent Eligible For Free Lunch Largest percent of students eligible for free lunch (Top 1%)
- Community Size Largest student body (number of students) (Top 10%)
- Student Attention Lowest teacher:student ratio (Top 5%)
- Providence's student population of 60 students has grown by 15% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 8 teachers has grown by 100% over five school years.
|School Type||Alternative school|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||60 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Providence is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 9,602 schools in California (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 8:1 has decreased from 13:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (CA)|
|Overall School Rank||#8263 out of 9602 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤20%|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)||≤20%|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1||23:1|
|Two or more races||n/a|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Ventura County Office Of Education School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Oxnard Rio Mesa High School Grades: 9-12 | 2,212 students
545 Central Ave.
Oxnard, CA 93030
(805) 278-5500 0.5 9-12 2,212
- Oxnard Rio Plaza Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 570 students
600 Simon Way
Oxnard, CA 93036
(805) 485-3121 1.0 K-5 570
- Oxnard Rio Vista Middle School Grades: 6-8 | 796 students
3050 Thames River Dr.
Oxnard, CA 93036
(805) 981-1507 1.1 6-8 796
- Ventura Junipero Serra Elementary School Grades: K-5 | 538 students
8880 Halifax St.
Ventura, CA 93004
(805) 672-2717 1.4 K-5 538
Should sixth graders be placed in elementary or middle school? We explore the pros and cons of the issue.
Learn 8 ways to guide your conversations with children when discussing high-profile acts of violence in schools.
Traditional Christmas carols, such as "Silent Night," may be sounds of the past on public school campuses. Learn about why schools are banning Christmas carols and how some parents are protesting the changes.