Jw Sexton High School
- Jw Sexton High School's student population of 815 students has declined by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 48 teachers has grown by 20% over five school years.
|School Type||Magnet School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Total Students||815 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||48 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- Jw Sexton High School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3,119 schools in Michigan (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MI)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#2929 out of 3119 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|All Ethnic Groups|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Lansing Public School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lansing Riddle Elementary School Grades: PK-3 | 177 students
221 Huron St
Lansing, MI 48915
(517) 755-1720 0.2 PK-3 177
- Lansing East Intermediate School Grades: 5-6 | 389 students
3131 West Michigan Ave
Lansing, MI 48917
(517) 484-8830 0.8 5-6 389
- Mason The Early College Lansing Community College Grades: 10-12 | 200 students
430 N Capitol Ave Suite 118
Mason, MI 48854
(517) 244-1254 1.1 10-12 200
- Lansing Midmichigan Leadership Academy Grades: PK-8 | 315 students
730 West Maple St
Lansing, MI 48906
(517) 485-5379 1.1 PK-8 315
JW sexton is a great school with a lot of school spirit
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Pinks
Gang activity continues to be prevalent throughout public schools, ranging from urban cities to suburban enclaves. Learn about how public schools are combating gang violence today with comprehensive initiatives.
With the end of the “No Child Left Behind” program looming, it appears that almost 80% of our country’s schools will get a failing grade, according to federal standards. Could waivers help repair the broken NCLB program?
Amidst the controversy surrounding President Obama's school address, learn about whether or not parents have any rights in choosing who their children's public schools invite as speakers.