East Intermediate School
- East Intermediate School's student population of 389 students has grown by 6% over five school years.
- The teacher population of 24 teachers has grown by 14% over five school years.
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-6|
|Total Students||389 students|
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Students by Grade|
- East Intermediate School is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 3,119 schools in Michigan (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-18 school year.
- The school's student:teacher ratio of 16:1 has decreased from 17:1 over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School||State Level (MI)|
|Overall School Rank||#1622 out of 3119 schools|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||18:1|
|Two or more races|
|Eligible for Free Lunch|
|Eligible for Reduced Lunch|
|School Statewide Testing||View Education Department Test Scores|
|School District Name||Waverly Community Schools School District|
Nearby Public Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lansing Meryl S Colt Elementary School Grades: PK-K | 219 students
4344 West Michigan Ave
Lansing, MI 48917
(517) 323-3777 0.9 PK-K 219
- Lansing Riddle Elementary School Grades: PK-3 | 177 students
221 Huron St
Lansing, MI 48915
(517) 755-1720 1.0 PK-3 177
- Lansing St Vincent Home Grades: K-12 | 23 students
2800 West Willow St
Lansing, MI 48917
(517) 244-1354 1.0 K-12 23
Gangs, drugs, and guns may be more prevalent on public school campuses than parents think. Learn about the high percentage of public school students who are exposed to these dangers each day – and what parents can do to protect their kids.
President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative aims to improve academic opportunities for students of color, especially African-American boys.
Learn about how public schools across the country are mandating community service hours in order to graduate.