Cheylin School District
- For the 2021 school year, there are 2 public schools in Cheylin School District, serving 129 students. Cheylin School District has one of the highest concentrations of top ranked public schools in Kansas.
- Public schools in Cheylin School District have an average math proficiency score of 35% (versus the Kansas public school average of 33%), and reading proficiency score of 48% (versus the 37% statewide average). This district's average testing ranking is 8/10, which is in the top 30% of public schools in Kansas.
- Minority enrollment is 30% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the Kansas public school average of 36% (majority Hispanic).
- The student:teacher ratio of 9:1 is less than the Kansas public school average of 14:1.
|School District Name||Cheylin School District|
|School District Website||http://www.cheylin.com|
|School District Phone Number||(785) 734-2341|
|School District Grades Offered||PK - 12|
|2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||This State (KS)|
|# of Schools||2 Schools||1,320 Schools|
|# of Students||129 Students||490,702 Students|
|# of Teachers||14 Teachers||34,009 Teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1||14:1|
- Cheylin School District, which is ranked within the top 30% of all 286 school districts in Kansas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2017-2018 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 50% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (KS)|
|Overall Testing Rank||#127 out of 286 school districts|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||n/a||4,268 Students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||n/a||13,924 Students|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||39 Students||96,486 Students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||n/a||33,739 Students|
|% Black Students||n/a|
|# of White Students||90 Students||315,772 Students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a||937 Students|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||n/a||25,576 Students|
|% of Two or more races Students||n/a|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||1||18,630|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||10||35,465|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||9||35,410|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||14||36,289|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||13||36,729|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||8||37,562|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||5||37,566|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||12||36,694|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||11||36,111|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||7||36,173|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||13||37,382|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||10||35,769|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||7||34,526|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||9||33,966|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-||2,430|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $18,233 is higher than the state median of $14,694. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $18,403 is higher than the state median of $14,025. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017||This School District||This State (KS)|
|Total Revenue||$2 MM||$8 MM|
|Spending||$2 MM||$7 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$18,233||$14,694|
|Revenue / Student||$18,403||$14,025|
Cheylin School District Public Schools (2021)
Parents nationwide are opting out of state testing. Hoping to send a message to lawmakers, they are refusing to allow their children to take standardized tests.
Learn about whether or not public school students are prepared to enter into the "real world" upon graduation, and how schools are changing their curriculum to meet changing economic needs.
The Obama Administration recently warned states that refusing enrollment to students based on citizenship or immigration status violates federal law.