Keith Elementary School
Keith Elementary School serves 1,019 students in grades Prekindergarten-5.
Keith Elementary School placed in the top 10% of all schools in Texas for overall test scores (math proficiency is top 10%, and reading proficiency is top 20%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The percentage of students achieving proficiency in math is 73% (which is higher than the Texas state average of 51%) for the 2018-19 school year. The percentage of students achieving proficiency in reading/language arts is 66% (which is higher than the Texas state average of 47%) for the 2018-19 school year.
The student:teacher ratio of 19:1 is higher than the Texas state level of 15:1.
Minority enrollment is 50% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is lower than the Texas state average of 72% (majority Hispanic).
Keith Elementary School ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
Reading/Language Arts Proficiency
Keith Elementary School's student population of 1,019 students has declined by 16% over five school years.
The teacher population of 54 teachers has declined by 15% over five school years.
Total Classroom Teachers
Students by Grade
Keith Elementary School is ranked within the top 10% of all 8,043 schools in Texas (based off of combined math and reading proficiency testing data) for the 2018-19 school year.
The diversity score of Keith Elementary School is 0.68, which is more than the diversity score at state average of 0.64. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
Definition of Terms 2017-2018 School Year Data
State Level (TX)
Overall Testing Rank
#694 out of 8043 schools
Math Test Scores (% Proficient)
Reading/Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)
Student : Teacher Ratio
Two or more races
All Ethnic Groups
Eligible for Free Lunch
Eligible for Reduced Lunch
School Statewide Testing
School District Name
Source: 2017-2018 (latest school year available) NCES, TX Dept. of Education
Review Keith Elementary School. Reviews should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
Children and Co-Ed Instruction
Learn about how female and male students learn differently in the classroom.
Understanding the National PTA
Learn about how the national PTA works and interacts with your local PTA.
Understanding Your Local PTA
Learn about how your local PTA works and how getting involved can help your community.