Pendleton County School District
- For the 2018-19 school year, there are 4 public schools managed by Pendleton County School District serving 2,469 students in Butler, Kentucky.
- Minority enrollment is 6% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the Kentucky state average of 22%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is more than the state average of 16:1.
Pendleton County School District (2018-19)
- School Location Grades Students
- Butler Northern Elementary School925 Hwy 177 E
Butler, KY 41006
Grades: PK-5 | 547 students
- Falmouth Pendleton County High School2359 Hwy 27 N
Falmouth, KY 41040
Grades: 9-12 | 734 students
- Butler Phillip Sharp Middle School35 Wright Rd
Butler, KY 41006
Grades: 6-8 | 575 students
- Falmouth Southern Elementary School320 Fairgrounds Rd
Falmouth, KY 41040
Grades: PK-5 | 613 students
|School District Name||Pendleton County School District|
|# of Schools||4|
|# of Students||2,469|
|# of Teachers||139|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18|
|# of Male Students||1,284|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||1,185|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||2|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||9|
|% Asian Students||n/a|
|# of Hispanic Students||32|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||58|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||2,331|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||37|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||70|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||177|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||189|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||171|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||182|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||181|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||190|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||169|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||172|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||234|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||188|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||183|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||177|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||186|
|# of Ungraded Students:||-|
- Pendleton County School District, which is ranked within the bottom 50% of all 173 school districts in Kentucky (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 95% has increased from 91% over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (KY)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $10,519 is higher than the state average of $10,365. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $15,375 is higher than the state average of $10,284. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2015-2016 School Year Data||This School District||This State (KY)|
|Total Revenue||$27 MM||$24 MM|
|Spending||$39 MM||$24 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$10,519||$10,365|
|Spending / Student||$15,375||$10,284|
We examine the issue of Internet access in public schools, particularly in light of recent allegations from a father that his daughter was allowed to visit online dating websites from her school during class hours.
Special education teachers face a unique set of challenges, and so do the parents of special needs students. Keep reading to learn some practical tips for making your life as a special needs teacher or parent easier.
Taking the SAT or ACT is a major source of stress for high school students. Keep reading to learn how to choose the right test and how to prepare for it.