Russell Independent School District
- For the 2019-20 school year, there are 4 public schools managed by Russell Independent School District serving 2,275 students in Russell, Kentucky.
- Minority enrollment is 6% of the student body (majority Asian and Hispanic), which is less than the Kentucky state average of 23%.
- The student:teacher ratio of 17:1 is more than the state average of 16:1.
Russell Independent School District (2019-20)
- School Location Grades Students
- Russell Russell High School709 Red Devil Lane
Russell, KY 41169
Grades: 9-12 | 629 students
- Russell Russell Middle School707 Red Devil Lane
Russell, KY 41169
Grades: 6-8 | 551 students
- Russell Russell Primary School710 Red Devil Lane
Russell, KY 41169
Grades: PK-2 | 581 students
- Flatwoods Russell-mcdowell Intermediate School1900 Long Street
Flatwoods, KY 41139
Grades: 3-5 | 514 students
|School District Name||Russell Independent School District|
|# of Schools||n/a|
|# of Students||2,275 students|
|# of Teachers||132 Teacher(s)|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
|# of Male Students||1,146 students|
|% Male Students|
|# of Female Students||1,129 students|
|% Female Students|
Students by Ethnicity:
|# of American Indian Students||3 students|
|% American Indian Students||n/a|
|# of Asian Students||34 students|
|% Asian Students|
|# of Hispanic Students||25 students|
|% Hispanic Students|
|# of Black Students||15 students|
|% Black Students|
|# of White Students||2,130 students|
|% White Students|
|# of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|% of Hawaiian Students||n/a|
|# of Two or more races Students||68 students|
|% of Two or more races Students|
Students by Grade:
|# of Students in Pre-Kindergarten:||57|
|# of Students in Kindergarten:||167|
|# of Students in 1st Grade:||184|
|# of Students in 2nd Grade:||173|
|# of Students in 3rd Grade:||168|
|# of Students in 4th Grade:||168|
|# of Students in 5th Grade:||178|
|# of Students in 6th Grade:||180|
|# of Students in 7th Grade:||187|
|# of Students in 8th Grade:||184|
|# of Students in 9th Grade:||136|
|# of Students in 10th Grade:||187|
|# of Students in 11th Grade:||157|
|# of Students in 12th Grade:||148|
|# of Ungraded Students:||1|
- Russell Independent School District, which is ranked within the top 10% of all 173 school districts in Kentucky (based off of combined Math and Reading proficiency testing data) for the 2015-2016 school year.
- The school district's graduation rate of 95% has stayed relatively flat over five school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||State Average (KY)|
|Math Test Scores (% Proficient)|
|Reading / Language Arts Test Scores (% Proficient)|
Fiscal Data Comparison
- The revenue/student of $9,129 in this school district is less than the state average of $10,478. The school district revenue/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
- The school district's spending/student of $8,765 is less than the state average of $10,395. The school district spending/student has stayed relatively flat over four school years.
|Definition of Terms 2016-2017 School Year Data||This School District||This State (KY)|
|Total Revenue||$20 MM||$24 MM|
|Spending||$19 MM||$24 MM|
|Revenue / Student||$9,129||$10,478|
|Spending / Student||$8,765||$10,395|
Learn how various states regulate maximum class sizes.
Being a parent is never easy, but some children are more challenging than others. If you're concerned that your child's behavioral issues might be more than just temporary, consider whether an alternative school might be the next move.
All students deserve to have an equal chance at academic success but not every student learns in the same way. Alternative schools provide students with unique challenges or abilities an opportunity to succeed in a different educational setting. Keep reading to learn more about alternative schools and their impact on college admissions.